Client: Fortune 100 Consumer Package Good Company
Challenge: Prior to the introduction of TargetClose’s High Performance Channel (HPC) technology, a leading Fortune 100 brand advertiser in the home goods/food and beverage sector was hosting a multi-purpose main “flagship” site, which included both product content and e-commerce/shopping cart functionality, on Magento’s CMS platform. To launch their new product line into the U.S. market they planned to rollout an omni-channel marketing campaign, including both digital and traditional offline media channels. During the planning phases, it was realized their current CMS environment was not well suited for rapid “experience” iteration required to test new offer combinations and cart flow executions across multiple audiences and traffic sources.
Results: TV media was launched in early November and over a 45-60 day period, the TargetClose HPC showed the following results:
- HPC conversion rate outperformed the CMS flagship site by over 76%
- HPC average order value (AOV) outperformed the CMS flagship site by over 81%
The Case: Use CMS Solutions for content and SEO site management, and use “Post-click” optimization platforms for maximum DR conversions
Executive Summary: TargetClose, a “post-click” user experience optimization and branded-response e-commerce platform, partnered with a Fortune 100 global brand advertiser in the home goods/food and beverage category, and used its High Performance Channel (HPC) solution to launch and optimize a suite of custom DR-acquisition sites containing three different product offers and nearly doubled the performance of the advertiser’s legacy CMS “flagship” site.
- The HPC conversion rate outperformed the CMS flagship site by over 76%
- The HPC average order value (AOV) outperformed the CMS flagship site by over 81%
Overview: Utilizing a web-based DR optimization platform with real-time machine learning to create and rapidly render direct-response landing pages and “microsites” separate from a CMS platform, such as Magento, and outside of an advertiser’s main “flagship” site (aka “SEO site,” “brand site,” “corporate site”), to allow for radically more flexible and rapid optimization testing that leads to conversion rates that can be orders of magnitude higher.
Setup: TargetClose worked with the advertiser to identify and create three different product offer combos to launch with, including:
- Single payment option with continuity
- Multi-payment option with continuity
- Single payment option with no continuity
TargetClose then designed and developed a three-page cart flow “experience” on top of which two different design executions were skinned in addition to a mobile-optimized experience. Once this TargetClose HPC was launched live, traffic was then split between it and the advertiser’s legacy “flagship” site.
A Symbiotic Relationship: Flagship / SEO Sites + HPC / DR Sites
Flagship Sites are often more static in nature, hosted on and managed by a CMS system, and serve many non-DR purposes, including:
- SEO ranking
- “Less-in-your-face-DR-sales” audience rapport building
- Company and product content, information, knowledge-base
- Branding and corporate Identity
- Customer retention, customer service, and support
Dedicated DR acquisition sites are also a must, and while they can also be serviced by a CMS system, are better suited on a dynamic web optimization platform for rapid testing and conversion rate maximization:
- Landing page A/B testing
- Offer combination testing (single pay vs. multi-pay, trial vs. buy, BOGO, continuity vs. one-time, etc.)
- Cart flow testing (1-page, 2-page, 3-page checkout)
- Upsell and cross-sell testing (pre-cart, post-cart, dedicated pages vs. single select-your-options page)